In the first half of the 19th century, almost the entire hill on which the Hotel now stands occupied the farmstead of the architect Beretti. In 1912, this place was the first high-rise building in a one-story Kiev. On his own land lot, the famous Kiev construction contractor Lev Borisovich Ginzburg built an 11-storey house, which was immediately named among the residents of Kiev «Ginzburg's skyscraper» This house has 94 large apartments and shops on the first floor. In the depth of the plot there was a 2-storeyed residence of Lev Borisovich himself. The mansion and the «skyscraper» are not preserved. Together with the entire central part of the city, they were destroyed in September 1941 during the Great Patriotic War. In the post-war period, the restoration, or rather the creation of a new Khreshchatyk, began. In accordance with the building project, the street was expanded by almost 100 meters. At the same time, the construction of the street began with multi-storey residential and administrative buildings, among which the construction of the hotel was planned. In 1954, construction work began.
Since the opening, hundreds of thousands of guests have enjoyed the services of the Hotel. Influential politicians, outstanding sportsmen, famous businessmen, actors, cosmonauts, pop stars, diplomats, musicians and artists of Ukraine and foreign countries often stop here. To return to the hotel is a good sign, the more so, that they are always waiting and meeting guests in Ukrainian cordially and in European style.